Additional Crane Service Q & A's
If you want to know more about the Compliance Guide for Cranes in Construction, OSHA has provided additional information to know when you hire a boom truck here. Common questions to consider are…
- Is the operator of the boom truck formally qualified or certified?
- What are the requirements for maintaining sufficient clearance distances for power lines?
- What type of rigging is to be used, and how is it inspected?
- Is the ground capable of supporting the crane?
- When is a signal person needed?
- How do you determine the weight of the load to be lifted.